My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.

Dalai Lama

Monday, September 22, 2008

I am NOT a millionaire.

Once again I managed to lose out on, this time, $43 million dollars. I don't understand how I can't pick the correct numbers to hit this jackpot. People do it everyday. Some people win it more than once. I had 5 entries totaling 30 numbers and only selected 2 correct numbers.

Sometimes I feel destined to remain in the place I am in. I am comfortable, but there is always something inside saying there is more. I am more, I should be doing something else, there is something greater. So daily I am in a constant battle within myself to achieve some greatness. Then I have to ask myself is greatness achieving some type of fame?

My passion has been writing. I have written since a young girl. It has been my friend, therapist and sounding board. I have run to my journals for solace and in joy. My life has been chronicled. I have pages and pages of words that flow like music to me. It is in there I feel is my greatness and I feel each of us have a greatness to give this world. I continue to strive to achieve it.

So why can't I win a jackpot of $43 million dollars? Wouldn't that make my life so much more simple. The complications of daily life would fall away with the right amount of money to solve the issues that arise. Unfortunately no amount of money will put the right words together to form a book or a collection of poetry. It's back to the keyboard and long nights.

No comments: